Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 26/26] t7700: stop losing return codes of git commands

From: Danh Doan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 17:48:12 +0700

Hi Denton,

On 2019-11-27 11:54:04-0800, Denton Liu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> -	test 0 = $(git verify-pack -v -- .git/objects/pack/*.idx |
> -		grep "^$coid " | sort | uniq | wc -l) &&
> +	git verify-pack -v -- .git/objects/pack/*.idx >packlist &&
> +	! grep "^$coid " packlist &&

I think we want to use test_must_fail instead of !

>  	echo >.git/objects/info/alternates &&
>  	test_must_fail git show $coid
>  '
> @@ -151,8 +150,8 @@ test_expect_success 'local packed unreachable obs that exist in alternate ODB ar
>  	    --unpack-unreachable </dev/null pack &&
>  	rm -f .git/objects/pack/* &&
>  	mv pack-* .git/objects/pack/ &&
> -	test 0 = $(git verify-pack -v -- .git/objects/pack/*.idx |
> -		grep "^$coid " | sort | uniq | wc -l) &&
> +	git verify-pack -v -- .git/objects/pack/*.idx >packlist &&
> +	! grep "^$coid " &&

ditto

-- 
Danh