Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] t9300-fast-import: don't hang if background fast-import exits too early

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 20:03:29 +0100

The five tests checking 'git fast-import's checkpoint handling in
't9300-fast-import.sh', all with the prefix "V:" in their test
description, can hang indefinitely if 'git fast-import' unexpectedly
dies early in any of these tests.

Changes since v1:

  - The first patch is new, and refactors those tests to store the PID
    of the background 'git fast-import' process in a shell variable
    instead of in a pidfile.

  - The second patch is conceptually the same as the only patch v1,
    but it has been updated to store the PID of the background
    subshell in a variable as well.

SZEDER Gábor (2):
  t9300-fast-import: store the PID in a variable instead of pidfile
  t9300-fast-import: don't hang if background fast-import exits too
    early

 t/t9300-fast-import.sh | 20 ++++++++++++++++----
 1 file changed, 16 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.24.0.801.g241c134b8d