Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 06/15] bugreport: add compiler info

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 14:51:18 -0800

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 11:21:39PM +0100, Martin Ågren wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 04:40, <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > +#else
> > +
> > +static inline void get_compiler_info(struct strbuf *info)
> > +{
> > +       strbuf_addstr(info, "get_compiler_info() not implemented");
> 
> Maybe "no compiler info available" (or s/ available//, or
> s/available/reported/), or something else more human-readable?

Hm. I envisioned the target audience for this as "Git developers" (and
that's why I didn't mark the unimplemented string for translation); Git
developers know exactly what "get_compiler_info() not implemented"
means. But I suppose it's just as easy to grep for one string as the
other.

I am hesitant to say "no info available" or "no info reported" when I'm
certain there is some environment variable set at build time which
contains the info we'd want to show here; it really is just a question
of some Git developer having put in the time to implement this function.

So, I think I will leave it. Thanks for your suggestions.

 - Emily