Subject: [PATCH v7 02/15] help: add shell-path to --build-options

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 17:53:30 -0800

It may be useful to know which shell Git was built to try to point to,
in the event that shell-based Git commands are failing. $SHELL_PATH is
set during the build and used to launch the manpage viewer, as well as
by git-compat-util.h, and it's used during tests. 'git version
--build-options' is encouraged for use in bug reports, so it makes sense
to include this information there.

Signed-off-by: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
---
 help.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/help.c b/help.c
index a21487db77..190722fb0a 100644
--- a/help.c
+++ b/help.c
@@ -654,6 +654,7 @@ int cmd_version(int argc, const char **argv, const char *prefix)
 			printf("no commit associated with this build\n");
 		printf("sizeof-long: %d\n", (int)sizeof(long));
 		printf("sizeof-size_t: %d\n", (int)sizeof(size_t));
+		printf("shell-path: %s\n", SHELL_PATH);
 		/* NEEDSWORK: also save and output GIT-BUILD_OPTIONS? */
 	}
 	return 0;
-- 
2.25.0.265.gbab2e86ba0-goog