Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Mar 2020, #02; Thu, 5)

From: Thomas Gummerer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 17:29:13 +0000

On 03/05, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> * tg/retire-scripted-stash (2020-03-05) 2 commits
>   (merged to 'next' on 2020-03-05 at 8e82eb9dec)
>  + stash: remove the stash.useBuiltin setting
>  + stash: get git_stash_config at the top level
> 
>  "git stash" has kept an escape hatch to use the scripted version
>  for a few releases, which got stale.  It has been removed.
> 
>  Will merge to 'master'.

I was thinking only getting this into a release after 2.26 dropped,
and have written the docs with that in mind.  Not sure if this "Will
merge to 'master'" means that you were planning to get this into 2.26?
I have a slight preference for waiting until after the release to
merge this down, but I'm okay with doing it now.  If we want to do so
we need to tweak the description in 'Documentation/config/stash.txt'
to refer to 2.25 instead of 2.26.

Either way, we'll need the patch below on top, as I made an
embarrassing copy-paste mistake.  Sorry for the trouble.

--- >8 ---
Subject: [PATCH] Documentation/config/stash: make description refer to stash

Correct the description to refer to stash instead of rebase.  It was
copied from Documentation/config/rebase.txt, and this author was not
careful enough to replace all occurrences of rebase properly.

Reported-by: Jacob Keller <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gummerer <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config/stash.txt | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/config/stash.txt b/Documentation/config/stash.txt
index 0f3db821f6..be81bd1656 100644
--- a/Documentation/config/stash.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config/stash.txt
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
 stash.useBuiltin::
 	Unused configuration Variable.  Used in Git versions 2.22 to
 	2.26 as an escape hatch to enable the legacy shellscript
-	implementation of rebase. Now the built-in rewrite of it in C
+	implementation of stash. Now the built-in rewrite of it in C
 	is always used. Setting this will emit a warning, to alert any
 	remaining users that setting this now does nothing.
 
-- 
2.26.0.rc0