Subject: Re: [PATCH v9 2/5] bugreport: add tool to generate debugging info

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 11:50:21 -0700

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 04:42:36PM +0100, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi Emily,
> 
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2020, Emily Shaffer wrote:
> > I'll hold off on sharing my own preference until after we've got some
> > benchmarking to look at, so I can understand the whole picture.
> 
> Why? Why not strong-arm your preference? Junio and I are not shy doing the
> same, and those are _your_ patches. Junio is clearly not interested in the
> command at all, but you are clearly interested in it [*1*]. You should
> have more than just the final say over this.

We are different people, and we approach problems and disagreements
differently. I am almost never the type to strong-arm my preference; I'd
rather listen to other arguments and look at data, which is why I
proposed the experiments I mentioned here. As for you and Junio not
being shy, as you put it, I found most of the discussion offputting, and
the tone used absolutely contributed to me finding other things to work
on instead of coming back to this minefield sooner.

 - Emily