Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 21/23] merge: teach --autostash option

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 09:09:46 -0400

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for the review. The documentation rewordings are particularly
helpful.

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 04:20:24PM +0100, Phillip Wood wrote:
> >   --quit::
> >   	Forget about the current merge in progress. Leave the index
> 
> Should we be saving the stash if the user runs 'git merge --quit'?

Yes, this is its current behaviour, although it's undocumented. In my
next reroll, I've added a test case and documentation for this. This is
similar to how `git rebase --quit` behaves.

Now that I think about it, when `git rebase --quit` happens, the
autostash is just dropped out of existence, which is probably
undesirable behaviour. I'll probably submit a later series to save that
autostash so that it's not lost forever.

Thanks,

Denton