Subject: Re: Happy birthday to all of us ;-)

From: Edward Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 13:52:58 +0000

On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 06:17:41PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> So, it was today 15 years ago that Linus announced the availability
> of the first tarball of Git.  
> 
> Let me thank all the contributors, both long timers and relatively
> newer ones, for working on the system to help our users better.
> 
> But I should not forget to thank others who help us by doing things
> other than writing code.  Writing code is not the only work on the
> software.

I'd like to extend my thanks, too, on behalf of libgit2.  libgit2 was
born from git, has taken some of its source code, and, of course,
thrives in the ecosystem that git has built.  Thanks to all the
contributors to the git project for everything you've done.  And a
special thanks to Junio for tirelessly maintaining the project.

Cheers-
-ed