Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/5] ci/lib: allow running in GitHub Actions

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 17:31:31 +0200

On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 10:08:56PM +0200, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> > > +	test macos != "$CI_OS_NAME" || CI_OS_NAME=osx
> >
> > Hmm, if "macos" isn't not equal to $CI_OS_NAME, then set
> > CI_OS_NAME=osx.  This is head-scratchingly backwards, and I think
> >
> >   test "$CI_OS_NAME" = macos && CI_OS_NAME=osx
> >
> > would read better.
> 
> I can understand where you come from, but your code is not `set -e` safe,

It works as expected in at least in dash, Bash, BusyBox sh, ksh,
ksh93, mksh/lksh, yash, posh, FreeBSD /bin/sh, NetBSD /bin/sh.  But it
doesn't really matter.

This is not in the part of Git that should run on a wide variety of
platforms, but only in our CI systems, where we do know which system
and which shell we use, and we can rely on that it just works.

> which is the reason why I wrote the code this way (compare to the already
> existing code in the previous clause, which was copy-edited here).

Didn't like it there, either.