Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] git-credential-store: skip empty lines and comments from store

From: Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 04:25:18 -0700

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 04:16:27AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 12:18:02AM -0700, Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón wrote:
> > 
> > it wouldn't cover cases where there were leading spaces/tabs around
> > the credential which I have to admit I liked just because it is
> > more robust to bad input, and there is no sane way now to tell the
> > user that there is invalid data anyway, but I am ok eitherway.
> 
> I think if we're discouraging people from hand-editing the file, then
> that feature would be going in the wrong direction anyway.

I think it will actually encourage them to edit the file (and complain
of a regression), since they can see the credential is correct, but
somehow git fails to work with it unlike their previous version.

remember there is no warning that could explain why that happens and
with this pach there is no error either.

> Did you or Jonathan want to wrap it up with the test and commit message?

I was going to say Jonathan will have to do it, since he was the only one
that didn't provide a patch (and therefore a sign off) but guess I can
save everyone some time and practice my git-send-email skills (which 
obviously failed me)

Jonathan,

make sure your patch[1] is complete and correct and to resend it with
a sign off, feel free to add me as Tested-by if you feel like, but I
added myself as Helped-by anyway ;)

Junio,

didn't fix the typo that Peff suggested fixed[2], because I forgot
and I wasn't sure if that also means I should SOB it, but if you
could also consider my suggestion[3] then at you get my SOB warranted ;)

Carlo

PS. guess I should had send it as an RFC instead

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/git/20200427234909.GC61348@Carlos-MBP/