Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 3/4] commit-graph.c: write non-split graphs as read-only

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 15:44:13 -0600

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 05:08:21PM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 02:05:21PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
> > > This is looking like a much deeper rabbit hole than it's worth going
> > > down. I think the pragmatic thing is to just stick a "umask 022" near
> > > the new test (or possibly "test_might_fail umask 022" inside the
> > > commit-graph writing test).
> >
> > I think the most pragmatic would be to just squash in what is
> > already there ;-)
>
> That is OK with me. :)

Thanks for an interesting discussion. I squashed Junio's fix into the
third patch, but the fourth patch suffers from the same problem (so I
stuck another POSIXPERM test to tweak the umask there, too).

What do you want to do about the final patch that I stuck on the end of
this series in [1]? If I don't hear from anybody, I'll send it as 5/5 in
v3 and we can feel free to not apply it if it's controversial.

> -Peff

Thanks,
Taylor

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/