Subject: Re: Git fetches whole repository and not just latest

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 12:20:23 -0700

Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 8:29 PM Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> What Git version are you using?
>
> git version 2.26.2

Thanks, makes sense.

>>  Can you test 2.27.0-rc2?
>
> Is there any deb package?

Yes, you can use the package from Debian unstable or experimental
(https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/git).

If you're on Ubuntu, you can use
https://launchpad.net/~git-core/+archive/ubuntu/candidate once it
updates (cc-ing the maintainers of the PPA in case they want to
comment on when that will be --- e.g. Git 2.27 is planned to come
out this Monday).

Thanks,
Jonathan