Subject: Re: Rename offensive terminology (master)

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 11:07:44 -0700

Sérgio Augusto Vianna wrote:

> There's nothing to be resolved because there is no problem. If someone reads
> "master" and gets triggered because all they can think of is racism, that
> person needs therapy.

Please stop.

Regardless of your opinions, this is not acceptable conduct on the
list.  It is perfectly possible to describe your needs as a user and
your opinions about best technical courses of action without insulting
people.

It's also not particularly effective.  There's a clear consensus
already among active Git contributors that changing the default branch
name is a problem worth solving, and there's active work being done in
that area.  You are free to roll back these patches in your own local
copy of git, but repeatedly asserting that *you* don't value this work
is not a particularly productive way to participate in the Git
project.

Jonathan