Subject: Re: [PATCH] setup: warn about un-enabled extensions

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 11:20:11 -0700

Hi,

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> It seems that there is no quick concensus to go with your "different
> endgame" and worse yet it seems nobody is interested in helping
> much.

Sorry for the delay.  I do want to look at this this afternoon.

[...]
> I'll shift my attention to other topics that should be in the
> release for the rest of the day, but am pessimistic that I can tag
> the -rc1 today, which won't happen until we at least have a
> concensus on what to do with the (apparent) regression due to the
> "upgrade repository version" topic.

Ah, I hadn't realized an -rc1 tomorrow instead of today was on the
table. ;-)

I'll do what I can (in other words, expect a patch from me; but also,
I am very interested in analysis, proposed patches, etc from others so
that we can end up wit ha good fix with the solution space well
explored).

Thanks,
Jonathan