Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 18/39] t8002: make hash size independent

From: "brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 22:31:16 +0000

On 2020-07-29 at 02:24:42, Eric Sunshine wrote:
> In the previous version of this series, the "setup" test  invoked
> test_oid_init() as its very first step. This version doesn't. As a
> reviewer, I was caught off-guard by this unexpected and unexplained
> difference between versions. The script works fine without
> test_oid_init() anyhow since test-lib.sh invokes test_oid_init(), so
> the test_oid_init() call introduced here by the previous version was
> redundant.
> 
> Some of the patches in this series add test_oid_init() calls to their
> "setup" tests, while others don't, which makes for a somewhat
> confusing impression as one reads the series. In general, it would be
> nice for the patches to paint a consistent picture (i.e either
> uniformly employ test_oid_init() or don't), however, I would not want
> to see a re-roll just for that. Also, since the final patch of the
> series ends up removing all those test_oid_init() calls anyhow, it's
> all straightened out in the end.

Good point.  I'll try to remove them from the existing tests which add
them in the rest of the series.
-- 
brian m. carlson: Houston, Texas, US