Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] fmt-merge-msg: selectively suppress "into <branch>"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 11:02:35 -0700

So, this is the third iteration, which separates the reversion that
involves too many uninteresting test changes, and the implementation
of the new feature proper.

Two things that changed in the implementation since the previous
iterations are

 - An assignment-less 'truth', i.e.

	[merge] suppressDest

   is now an error ("missing value for 'merge.suppressDest'"), not
   "clear the list", which should be spelled as an empty string, i.e.

        [merge] suppressDest = ""

 - Scanning of dest_patterns to see if "into <branch>" is suppressed
   for the current_branch is done in a helper function to make the
   main codeflow easier to read, as suggested by Peff.

The previous iterations were

 v1 <[email-masked]>
 v2 <[email-masked]>

and can be found at https://lore.kernel.org/git/

Junio C Hamano (2):
  Revert "fmt-merge-msg: stop treating `master` specially"
  fmt-merge-msg: allow merge destination to be omitted again

 Documentation/config/fmt-merge-msg.txt        | 12 ++++
 fmt-merge-msg.c                               | 35 ++++++++-
 t/t1507-rev-parse-upstream.sh                 |  2 +-
 t/t4013-diff-various.sh                       |  4 +-
 t/t4013/diff.log_--decorate=full_--all        |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.log_--decorate_--all             |  2 +-
 ...--patch-with-stat_--summary_master_--_dir_ |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.log_--patch-with-stat_master     |  2 +-
 .../diff.log_--patch-with-stat_master_--_dir_ |  2 +-
 ...ot_--cc_--patch-with-stat_--summary_master |  2 +-
 ..._--root_--patch-with-stat_--summary_master |  2 +-
 .../diff.log_--root_--patch-with-stat_master  |  2 +-
 ...root_-c_--patch-with-stat_--summary_master |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.log_--root_-p_master             |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.log_--root_master                |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.log_-m_-p_--first-parent_master  |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.log_-m_-p_master                 |  4 +-
 t/t4013/diff.log_-p_--first-parent_master     |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.log_-p_master                    |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.log_master                       |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.show_--first-parent_master       |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.show_-c_master                   |  2 +-
 t/t4013/diff.show_-m_master                   |  4 +-
 t/t4013/diff.show_master                      |  2 +-
 ...ot_--cc_--patch-with-stat_--summary_master |  2 +-
 ...root_-c_--patch-with-stat_--summary_master |  2 +-
 t/t4202-log.sh                                | 72 +++++++++----------
 t/t6200-fmt-merge-msg.sh                      | 56 ++++++++++-----
 t/t7600-merge.sh                              | 14 ++--
 t/t7608-merge-messages.sh                     | 10 +--
 30 files changed, 159 insertions(+), 94 deletions(-)

-- 
2.28.0