Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2020, #02; Mon, 10)

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 09:48:55 -0400

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 12:44:26PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Here are the topics that have been cooking.  Commits prefixed with '-' are
> only in 'seen' (formerly 'pu'---proposed updates) while commits prefixed
> with '+' are in 'next'.  The ones marked with '.' do not appear in any of
> the integration branches, but I am still holding onto them.

I noticed that you picked up 'tb/bloom-improvements' in your fork, but
that it didn't make it into the list of cooking topics below. I suspect
that this is because of [1], where I got bitten by trying to sneak in an
extra 'bitmap_free()' at the last moment.

I have a fixup in [2] which needs to be squashed in at that point in the
series, along with dropping a '&' in the last patch to squelch a
compiler error introduced by the fixup.

Do you want me to resend the whole series, or would you rather apply the
fixups when queuing? Either is fine for me.

> * tb/upload-pack-filters (2020-08-05) 4 commits
>   (merged to 'next' on 2020-08-05 at 918e7092fe)
>  + t5616: use test_i18ngrep for upload-pack errors
>   (merged to 'next' on 2020-08-04 at 3ae57cc90c)
>  + upload-pack.c: introduce 'uploadpackfilter.tree.maxDepth'
>  + upload-pack.c: allow banning certain object filter(s)
>  + list_objects_filter_options: introduce 'list_object_filter_config_name'
>
>  The component to respond to "git fetch" request is made more
>  configurable to selectively allow or reject object filtering
>  specification used for partial cloning.
>
>  Will merge to 'master'.
>  cf. <[email-masked]>

Thanks, I'm glad that this made it in.

Thanks,
Taylor

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[2]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/