Subject: Re: Git in Outreachy?

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:05:37 -0700

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 02:56:09AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> 
> Are we interested in participating in the December 2020 round of
> Outreachy? The community application period is now open.
> 
> I can look into lining up funding, but we'd also need:
> 
>   - volunteers to act as mentors

I'm interested in mentoring or co-mentoring this term. (I'm not working
this week but I didn't want to miss a deadline to volunteer.)

> 
>   - updates to our applicant materials (proposed projects, but also
>     microproject / patch suggestions)

One thought I had was whether it might be cool to shop for another
co-mentor from Wireshark and have an intern teach Wireshark how to
decipher Git protocol. But it seems large, and maybe last-minute for
this term.

 - Emily