Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] clone: add tests for --template and some disallowed option pairs

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 23:17:52 -0400

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 03:56:22PM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
>  - I didn't even know we had test_debug. ;) The last time somebody added
>    a call to it was in 2012. I think it's being used as intended here,
>    but I'm not sure that the clutter to the test is worth it (we have
>    other tools like "-i" to stop at the right spot and let you inspect
>    the broken state).

Me either :). I think what you said about using -i to inspect whatever
is broken applies not only to this test, but also to all other tests in
the suite.

I'd be pretty happy to see 'test_debug' go away. There are only 104 uses
of it in the tree, and I think most of them could simply be removed
without needing to touch anything else.

I've never found it useful in debugging a problem on my end, but perhaps
others have. Food for thought.

> -Peff

Thanks,
Taylor