Subject: Re: [PATCH 12/12] builtin/commit-graph.c: introduce '--max-new-filters=<n>'

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 00:31:54 -0400

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 08:59:28PM -0400, Derrick Stolee wrote:
> This is fine. Adding an option along with the config version of it
> is easy enough. Just a thought for future series.
>
> I'm fine with the series as-is. My nits are just that.

Thanks for your review, and for all of your thoughts and help on this
series in general. I'm sorry if I seemed dismissive; I just wanted to
avoid holding up some important fixes besides the '--max-new-filters'
feature.

I'm not quite sure how to handle series like these. On the one hand, I'd
like to send a couple of small series to fix the important bugs quickly.
On the other hand, the small series can generate a lot of noise and
burden reviewers and the maintainer when the dependencies between those
series aren't straightforward.

So, I dunno. That's at least shedding a little bit of light on how this
series came to be / got so large, which is part of the reason that it
took so long.

Anyway, thank you again. I'm looking forward to seeing this merged
hopefully soon.

> Thanks,
> -Stolee

Thanks,
Taylor