Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/2] should core.fsyncObjectFiles fsync the dir entry + docs

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 13:28:28 +0200

I was re-reading the
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/ thread
today and thought we should at least update the docs, and per my
earlier E-Mail in
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
perhaps the directory entry should also be synced.

I kept [email-masked] in the CC, it was in the original
thread, but more importantly it would be really nice to have people
who know more about the state of filesystems on Linux and other OS's
to give 2/2 a read to see how accurate what I put together is.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (2):
  sha1-file: fsync() loose dir entry when core.fsyncObjectFiles
  core.fsyncObjectFiles: make the docs less flippant

 Documentation/config/core.txt | 42 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 sha1-file.c                   | 19 +++++++++++-----
 2 files changed, 50 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
2.28.0.297.g1956fa8f8d