Subject: Joint project with Git for outreachy

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 15:21:03 -0700

Hi wiresharkers,

Outreachy <https://www.outreachy.org/> is a program similar to the
Google Summer of Code, providing internships to work on open source
projects.

Emily (cc-ed) and I would be interested in mentoring an outreachy
intern on adding support for the Git protocol to wireshark.  We think
this would be helpful for documenting the spec better, for making
debugging easier for future Git developers, and for helping people
working on systems involving Git (e.g. CI systems) to understand the
behavior of the systems they oversee.  We think that a co-mentor
within wireshark would be helpful for making sure an intern is set up
for success (helping them find pointers, making sure their approach is
on the right track, etc).

This would be a project under the Git umbrella
<https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/git/>.

What do you think?  Does this sound interesting to you?

Thanks,
Jonathan