Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 04/13] reftable: add a barebones unittest framework

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 21:05:59 -0700

Hi,

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Signed-off-by: Han-Wen Nienhuys <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  reftable/test_framework.c | 68 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  reftable/test_framework.h | 59 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  2 files changed, 127 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 reftable/test_framework.c
>  create mode 100644 reftable/test_framework.h

Hm, can the commit message say a little about the motivation for this
test framework and what it allows?

For example, does it allow unit tests to write output in TAP format?
How does it compare to existing frameworks like
https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/c-tap-harness/?  How does this
approach compare to what Git's existing unit-style tests with helpers
in t/helper/ driven by scripts in t/ do?

Thanks,
Jonathan