Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/7] t7415: rename to expand scope

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 00:50:20 -0700

Jeff King wrote:

> This script has already expanded beyond its original intent of ".. in
> submodule names" to include other malicious submodule bits. Let's update
> the name and description to reflect that, as well as the fact that we'll
> soon be adding similar tests for other meta-files (.gitattributes, etc).
> We'll also renumber it to move it out of the group of submodule-specific
> tests.
>
> Signed-off-by: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  ...5-submodule-names.sh => t7450-bad-meta-files.sh} | 13 ++++++++++---
>  1 file changed, 10 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>  rename t/{t7415-submodule-names.sh => t7450-bad-meta-files.sh} (95%)

I've never heard of a "meta file" before, but I don't tend to discover
test scripts based on their filename anyway. :)  Thanks for updating the
test_description.

t7* is "the porcelainish commands concerning the working tree".  Should
this go in t1* (basic commands concerning database) instead?

t745* is unused number space so this at least won't hit any conflicts,
so fwiw

Reviewed-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>