Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/4] Documentation: clarify and expand description of --signoff

From: "Bradley M. Kuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:44:31 -0700

Junio,

Junio wrote in the sub-thread about [PATCH v3 4/4]:
>> It seems the patches [1-3/4] are identical to what has been queued
>> in 'seen', which is a good sign.

One change I made in v3 patchset was to add Peff's Signed-off-by, as it
is *not* there in commit 04c2b9ebd0 in seen:

I wrote in [PATCH v3 2/4]:
> Signed-off-by: Jeff King <[email-masked]>

… given that Peff made edits to this before it was posted, I think we want to
be sure Peff's Signed-off-by is included.  It just seems like the "right
thing" to get the Signed-off-by trailers 100% correct on a commit that
changes the description of Signed-off-by. 😆

I wrote in [PATCH v3 2/4]:
> Reviewed-by: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>

I doubt Taylor cares whether this Reviewed-by trailer makes it in,
but I did add that too based on Taylor providing it earlier in the
discussion of this patch. ☺
--
Bradley M. Kuhn - he/him
Policy Fellow & Hacker-in-Residence at Software Freedom Conservancy
========================================================================
Become a Conservancy Supporter today: https://sfconservancy.org/supporter