Subject: [PATCH v2 00/20] fundamentals of merge-ort implementation

From: Elijah Newren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 12:43:24 -0800

This series depends on a merge of en/strmap (after updating to v3) and
en/merge-ort-api-null-impl.

As promised, here's the update of the series due to the strmap
updates...and two other tiny updates.

Changes since v1:
  * updates needed based on changes to made in v3 of strmap series
  * fixed a typo in a comment
  * tiny tweak to move a strmap_put() into setup_paths()

Elijah Newren (20):
  merge-ort: setup basic internal data structures
  merge-ort: add some high-level algorithm structure
  merge-ort: port merge_start() from merge-recursive
  merge-ort: use histogram diff
  merge-ort: add an err() function similar to one from merge-recursive
  merge-ort: implement a very basic collect_merge_info()
  merge-ort: avoid repeating fill_tree_descriptor() on the same tree
  merge-ort: compute a few more useful fields for collect_merge_info
  merge-ort: record stage and auxiliary info for every path
  merge-ort: avoid recursing into identical trees
  merge-ort: add a preliminary simple process_entries() implementation
  merge-ort: have process_entries operate in a defined order
  merge-ort: step 1 of tree writing -- record basenames, modes, and oids
  merge-ort: step 2 of tree writing -- function to create tree object
  merge-ort: step 3 of tree writing -- handling subdirectories as we go
  merge-ort: basic outline for merge_switch_to_result()
  merge-ort: add implementation of checkout()
  tree: enable cmp_cache_name_compare() to be used elsewhere
  merge-ort: add implementation of record_unmerged_index_entries()
  merge-ort: free data structures in merge_finalize()

 merge-ort.c | 929 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 tree.c      |   2 +-
 tree.h      |   2 +
 3 files changed, 929 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.0.471.ga4f56089c0