Subject: Regression: cannot edit after intent-to-add

From: Simon Richter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 18:16:18 +0100

Hi,

I often create intermediate commits using hunk editing, which used to work
in older versions even for new files, e.g.

    cat >file <<EOF
    foo
    bar
    EOF

    git add -N file

    git add -p file

git-add -p now shows me both lines as added, but does not allow me to edit.
If I want to create an intermediate commit adding just one of the lines, I
have to edit the actual file.

This used to work in older versions, as I remember using this technique for
a while and recommending it to others.

Before I do a deep-dive into a codebase I haven't looked at in years: can
this be re-added easily?

   Simon