Subject: [PATCH 0/5] pretty format %(trailers): improve machine readability

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 02:39:13 +0100

I started writing this on top of "master", but then saw the
outstanding series of other miscellaneous fixes to this
facility[1]. This is on top of that topic & rebased on master.

Anders, any plans to re-roll yours? Otherwise the conflicts I'd have
on mine are easy to fix, so I can also submit it as a stand-alone.

This series comes out of a discussion at work today (well, yesterday
at this point) where someone wanted to parse %(trailers) output. As
noted in 3/5 doing this is rather tedious now if you're trying to
unambiguously grap trailers as a stream of key-value pairs.

So this series adds a "key_value_separator" and "keyonly" parameters,
and fixes a few bugs I saw along the way.

1. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (5):
  pretty format %(trailers) test: split a long line
  pretty format %(trailers): avoid needless repetition
  pretty format %(trailers): add a "keyonly"
  pretty-format %(trailers): fix broken standalone "valueonly"
  pretty format %(trailers): add a "key_value_separator"

 Documentation/pretty-formats.txt | 33 ++++++++-------
 pretty.c                         | 12 ++++++
 t/t4205-log-pretty-formats.sh    | 71 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 trailer.c                        | 14 +++++--
 trailer.h                        |  3 ++
 5 files changed, 113 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2.222.g5d2a92d10f8