Subject: [PATCH 00/17] use config-based hooks (config-based hooks part

From: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 17:49:28 -0800

As of rebasing today, these are all the hooks, converted to hook.h.

I chose between parallel and serial execution based only on reading the docs -
please, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Most of these are pretty straightforward but there are a couple outstanding ones
on the server side, which I think could use some extra attention.

Thanks!
 - Emily

Emily Shaffer (17):
  commit: use config-based hooks
  am: convert applypatch hooks to use config
  merge: use config-based hooks for post-merge hook
  gc: use hook library for pre-auto-gc hook
  rebase: teach pre-rebase to use hook.h
  read-cache: convert post-index-change hook to use config
  receive-pack: convert push-to-checkout hook to hook.h
  git-p4: use 'git hook' to run hooks
  hooks: convert 'post-checkout' hook to hook library
  hook: convert 'post-rewrite' hook to config
  transport: convert pre-push hook to use config
  reference-transaction: look for hooks in config
  receive-pack: convert 'update' hook to hook.h
  proc-receive: acquire hook list from hook.h
  post-update: use hook.h library
  receive-pack: convert receive hooks to hook.h
  run-command: stop thinking about hooks

 Documentation/githooks.txt                    |  45 +++
 builtin/am.c                                  |  30 +-
 builtin/checkout.c                            |  16 +-
 builtin/clone.c                               |   7 +-
 builtin/commit.c                              |  11 +-
 builtin/gc.c                                  |   4 +-
 builtin/merge.c                               |  14 +-
 builtin/rebase.c                              |   7 +-
 builtin/receive-pack.c                        | 326 ++++++++++--------
 builtin/worktree.c                            |  30 +-
 commit.c                                      |  20 +-
 commit.h                                      |   3 +-
 git-p4.py                                     |  70 +---
 hook.c                                        |  39 ++-
 read-cache.c                                  |  12 +-
 refs.c                                        |  33 +-
 reset.c                                       |  15 +-
 run-command.c                                 |  66 ----
 run-command.h                                 |  24 --
 sequencer.c                                   |  83 ++---
 t/t1416-ref-transaction-hooks.sh              |  12 +-
 t/t5411/test-0015-too-many-hooks-error.sh     |  47 +++
 ...3-pre-commit-and-pre-merge-commit-hooks.sh |  17 +-
 transport.c                                   |  55 +--
 24 files changed, 492 insertions(+), 494 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/t5411/test-0015-too-many-hooks-error.sh

-- 
2.28.0.rc0.142.g3c755180ce-goog