Subject: [PATCH v9 0/5] mergetool: add automerge configuration

From: Seth House <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 12:29:14 -0700

Thank you Junio and Johannes for patiently pointing out all my newbie
mistakes.

Changes since v8:

- Improve documentation of what the autoMerge flag does.
- Add documentation note for the `automerge_enabled` override.

  - Junio, is there another place this should also live?

- Cross-reference merge.autoMerge and merge.<tool>.autoMerge docs.
- Sort the list of mergetool options. Added as a standalone commit in
  case this change doesn't belong as part of this patchset. I'd be happy
  to move this to a standalone patch if that's preferable.
- Improve all commit messages with full explanations and rationale:

  - Johannes, I didn't directly respond to your `initialize_merge_tool`
    question because you're right that explanation should be part of the
    commit message. Please let me know if that now answers your question
    and if not we can discuss further in a thread.

- Fix omitted exit codes when running `initialize_merge_tool`.
- Fix `automerge_enabled` return value for consistency.
- Update commit message capitalization to conform to repo norms.
- Rephrase commit message 'thanks' as Helped-by markers.

Felipe Contreras (1):
  mergetool: add automerge configuration

Seth House (4):
  mergetool: alphabetize the mergetool config docs
  mergetool: add per-tool support for the autoMerge flag
  mergetool: break setup_tool out into separate initialization function
  mergetool: add automerge_enabled tool-specific override function

 Documentation/config/mergetool.txt   | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++------
 Documentation/git-mergetool--lib.txt |  4 ++++
 git-difftool--helper.sh              |  2 ++
 git-mergetool--lib.sh                | 11 ++++++++---
 git-mergetool.sh                     | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7610-mergetool.sh                 | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 76 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2