Subject: [RFC PATCH 9/9] doc/git-rebase: add documentation for fixup [-C|-c] options

From: Charvi Mendiratta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 14:53:47 +0530

Mentored-by: Christian Couder <[email-masked]>
Mentored-by: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Charvi Mendiratta <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt | 12 +++++++++---
 1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-rebase.txt b/Documentation/git-rebase.txt
index a0487b5cc5..776507e0cc 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-rebase.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-rebase.txt
@@ -887,9 +887,15 @@ If you want to fold two or more commits into one, replace the command
 "pick" for the second and subsequent commits with "squash" or "fixup".
 If the commits had different authors, the folded commit will be
 attributed to the author of the first commit.  The suggested commit
-message for the folded commit is the concatenation of the commit
-messages of the first commit and of those with the "squash" command,
-but omits the commit messages of commits with the "fixup" command.
+message for the folded commit is created as follows:
+
+ - It is made using the commit message of a commit with the "fixup -C"
+   or "fixup -c" command. In the later case an editor is opened to edit
+   the commit message.
+ - Otherwise it's the concatenation of the commit messages of the first
+   commit and of those with the "squash" command.
+ - It omits the commit messages of commits with the "fixup"
+   (without -C or -c) command.
 
 'git rebase' will stop when "pick" has been replaced with "edit" or
 when a command fails due to merge errors. When you are done editing
-- 
2.29.0.rc1