Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Remove GIT_TEST_GETTEXT_POISON facility

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:47:34 +0100

As argued upthread and in 2/6 this test setup has outrun its
usefulness.

This series begins to remove it in a way that's very careful about not
stepping on the toes of any other in-flight patches. In particular
"master" isn't anywhere in the diff context here to avoid conflicts
with the series to do that mass-replacement in t/. 

This series merges and tests cleanly in combination with the current
"seen" branch.

At the end we're left with a bunch of tests still using
test_i18n{cmp,grep}, but I think that's preferable to having in-flight
conflicts. It'll be trivial to search-replace those at some point in
the future where we don't have another search-replacement series
amending t/ in-flight.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (6):
  ci: remove GETTEXT_POISON jobs
  tests: remove support for GIT_TEST_GETTEXT_POISON
  tests: remove misc use of test_i18n{cmp,grep}
  tests: (almost) remove use of "test_i18ngrep !"
  tests: (almost) remove C_LOCALE_OUTPUT prerequisites
  tests: remove uses of GIT_TEST_GETTEXT_POISON=false

 .github/workflows/main.yml                    |  2 +-
 .travis.yml                                   |  2 +-
 Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt         |  2 +-
 ci/install-dependencies.sh                    |  2 +-
 ci/lib.sh                                     |  3 +-
 config.c                                      |  9 -----
 .../t/t9363-mw-to-git-export-import.sh        |  2 +-
 gettext.c                                     | 10 -----
 gettext.h                                     |  7 +---
 git-sh-i18n.sh                                | 22 +----------
 po/README                                     | 34 +++++++++-------
 t/README                                      |  6 ---
 t/lib-credential.sh                           |  2 +-
 t/lib-gettext.sh                              |  2 +-
 t/lib-httpd.sh                                |  2 +-
 t/lib-log-graph.sh                            |  4 +-
 t/lib-submodule-update.sh                     |  2 +-
 t/t0000-basic.sh                              |  2 +-
 t/t0017-env-helper.sh                         |  8 ++--
 t/t0020-crlf.sh                               |  6 +--
 t/t0041-usage.sh                              | 12 +++---
 t/t0201-gettext-fallbacks.sh                  |  2 +-
 t/t0205-gettext-poison.sh                     | 39 -------------------
 t/t1060-object-corruption.sh                  |  2 +-
 t/t1091-sparse-checkout-builtin.sh            | 10 ++---
 t/t1305-config-include.sh                     |  4 +-
 t/t1430-bad-ref-name.sh                       |  2 +-
 t/t1450-fsck.sh                               |  4 +-
 t/t1506-rev-parse-diagnosis.sh                |  2 +-
 t/t1512-rev-parse-disambiguation.sh           | 14 +++----
 t/t2019-checkout-ambiguous-ref.sh             |  4 +-
 t/t2020-checkout-detach.sh                    |  4 +-
 t/t2024-checkout-dwim.sh                      |  2 +-
 t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh                 | 14 +++----
 t/t3415-rebase-autosquash.sh                  | 10 ++---
 t/t3418-rebase-continue.sh                    |  2 +-
 t/t3507-cherry-pick-conflict.sh               |  2 +-
 t/t3600-rm.sh                                 |  2 +-
 t/t3701-add-interactive.sh                    |  2 +-
 t/t4001-diff-rename.sh                        |  2 +-
 t/t4012-diff-binary.sh                        |  4 +-
 t/t4014-format-patch.sh                       |  2 +-
 t/t4018-diff-funcname.sh                      |  8 ++--
 t/t4153-am-resume-override-opts.sh            |  2 +-
 t/t4205-log-pretty-formats.sh                 |  2 +-
 t/t5300-pack-object.sh                        |  4 +-
 t/t5324-split-commit-graph.sh                 |  2 +-
 t/t5411/common-functions.sh                   |  5 +--
 t/t5411/test-0026-push-options.sh             |  3 +-
 t/t5411/test-0027-push-options--porcelain.sh  |  3 +-
 t/t5505-remote.sh                             |  8 ++--
 t/t5510-fetch.sh                              |  6 +--
 t/t5534-push-signed.sh                        |  2 +-
 t/t5541-http-push-smart.sh                    |  4 +-
 t/t5580-unc-paths.sh                          |  2 +-
 t/t5601-clone.sh                              |  2 +-
 t/t5606-clone-options.sh                      |  2 +-
 t/t6001-rev-list-graft.sh                     |  2 +-
 t/t6050-replace.sh                            |  2 +-
 t/t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh           | 14 +++----
 t/t6433-merge-toplevel.sh                     |  2 +-
 t/t6437-submodule-merge.sh                    |  2 +-
 t/t6500-gc.sh                                 |  2 +-
 t/t7201-co.sh                                 |  2 +-
 t/t7300-clean.sh                              |  6 +--
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh                    | 16 ++++----
 t/t7414-submodule-mistakes.sh                 |  6 +--
 t/t7415-submodule-names.sh                    |  2 +-
 t/t7416-submodule-dash-url.sh                 |  2 +-
 t/t7502-commit-porcelain.sh                   | 10 ++---
 t/t7508-status.sh                             |  8 ++--
 t/t7518-ident-corner-cases.sh                 |  2 +-
 t/t7519-status-fsmonitor.sh                   |  4 +-
 t/t7520-ignored-hook-warning.sh               |  6 +--
 t/t7601-merge-pull-config.sh                  | 34 ++++++++--------
 t/t7810-grep.sh                               |  4 +-
 t/t7816-grep-binary-pattern.sh                |  2 +-
 t/t9003-help-autocorrect.sh                   |  7 +---
 t/t9800-git-p4-basic.sh                       |  2 +-
 t/t9807-git-p4-submit.sh                      |  2 +-
 t/t9902-completion.sh                         |  1 -
 t/test-lib-functions.sh                       | 23 ++++-------
 t/test-lib.sh                                 | 23 ++---------
 83 files changed, 195 insertions(+), 316 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100755 t/t0205-gettext-poison.sh

-- 
2.29.2.222.g5d2a92d10f8