Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] use unique out file in t5411

From: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 21:53:29 -0500

From: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>

t5411 has some test cases for the behavior of failed 'git push'
commands.  Even the 'git push' command ended, the output file
may still be updated with messages from 'git-receive-pack' command
running in background.  This breaks test cases which reuse the
same 'out' file.

## Changes since v2

+ Use unique 'out' file by appending the '-$test_count' suffix to
  prevent accidental overwriting by internal 'git-receive-pack'
  process.

--

Jiang Xin (2):
  t5411: use different out file to prevent overwriting
  t5411: refactor check of refs using test_cmp_refs

 t/t5411/common-functions.sh                   | 15 +++
 t/t5411/once-0010-report-status-v1.sh         |  5 +-
 t/t5411/test-0000-standard-git-push.sh        | 32 +++----
 .../test-0001-standard-git-push--porcelain.sh | 32 +++----
 t/t5411/test-0002-pre-receive-declined.sh     | 10 +-
 ...st-0003-pre-receive-declined--porcelain.sh | 10 +-
 t/t5411/test-0011-no-hook-error.sh            | 20 ++--
 t/t5411/test-0012-no-hook-error--porcelain.sh | 20 ++--
 t/t5411/test-0013-bad-protocol.sh             | 95 +++++++------------
 t/t5411/test-0014-bad-protocol--porcelain.sh  | 95 +++++++------------
 t/t5411/test-0020-report-ng.sh                | 20 ++--
 t/t5411/test-0021-report-ng--porcelain.sh     | 20 ++--
 t/t5411/test-0022-report-unexpect-ref.sh      | 10 +-
 ...est-0023-report-unexpect-ref--porcelain.sh | 10 +-
 t/t5411/test-0024-report-unknown-ref.sh       | 10 +-
 ...test-0025-report-unknown-ref--porcelain.sh | 10 +-
 t/t5411/test-0026-push-options.sh             | 22 ++---
 t/t5411/test-0027-push-options--porcelain.sh  | 22 ++---
 t/t5411/test-0030-report-ok.sh                |  6 +-
 t/t5411/test-0031-report-ok--porcelain.sh     |  6 +-
 t/t5411/test-0032-report-with-options.sh      |  9 +-
 ...est-0033-report-with-options--porcelain.sh |  9 +-
 t/t5411/test-0034-report-ft.sh                |  6 +-
 t/t5411/test-0035-report-ft--porcelain.sh     |  6 +-
 ...t-0036-report-multi-rewrite-for-one-ref.sh | 18 ++--
 ...rt-multi-rewrite-for-one-ref--porcelain.sh | 18 ++--
 t/t5411/test-0038-report-mixed-refs.sh        | 10 +-
 .../test-0039-report-mixed-refs--porcelain.sh | 10 +-
 t/t5411/test-0040-process-all-refs.sh         |  6 +-
 .../test-0041-process-all-refs--porcelain.sh  |  6 +-
 ...t-0050-proc-receive-refs-with-modifiers.sh | 18 ++--
 31 files changed, 224 insertions(+), 362 deletions(-)

-- 
2.28.0.15.gba9e81f0bd