Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Makefile: add {program,xdiff,test,git}-objs & objects targets

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 19:23:04 +0100

This is a replacement for a series I sent in
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

As noted there I can just run "make git", which I'd somehow managed to
miss. So that complexity isn't needed.

But Jeff King suggested a hack to just get you to the point of
git.o. I don't need that right now, but that seems sensible, so I
implemented it.

At the start of this series I've got a patch to make "all" stop
redundantly depending on "FUZZ_OBJS", which also helps with such
"rebase -i --exec=..." use-cases.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (6):
  Makefile: remove "all" on "$(FUZZ_OBJS)"
  Makefile: guard against TEST_OBJS in the environment
  Makefile: split up long OBJECTS line
  Makefile: sort OBJECTS assignment for subsequent change
  Makefile: split OBJECTS into OBJECTS and GIT_OBJS
  Makefile: add {program,xdiff,test,git}-objs & objects targets

 Makefile | 29 ++++++++++++++++++++---------
 1 file changed, 20 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2.222.g5d2a92d10f8