Subject: [PATCH 0/3] pager: test for exit behavior & trace2 bug fix

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 15:49:18 +0100

While reading the pager code I discovered[1] that we log the wrong
exit code when the pager itself exits with non-zero under trace2. This
fixes that bug.

I think whatever the consensus is on the SIGPIPE exit status
propagating it makes sense if we'd ignore it to rebase the patch to do
so[1] on this. I think the addition of a new "test-tool pager" there
is redundant to testing SIGHUP from git itself as 1/3 does here, but
maybe I'm missing something...

2/3 is not needed for the end-state here, but I figured it was a good
refactoring while I was at it.

1. https://lore.kernel.org/git/bc[email-masked]/

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (3):
  pager: test for exit code
  pager: refactor wait_for_pager() function
  pager: properly log pager exit code when signalled

 pager.c          | 18 +++++--------
 run-command.c    |  8 ++++--
 t/t7006-pager.sh | 70 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 83 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
2.30.0.284.gd98b1dd5eaa7