Subject: [PATCH v11 0/3] mergetool: add hideResolved configuration (was automerge)

From: Seth House <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 13:07:09 -0700

Changes since v10:

- Update the calls to `git config` to return normalized strings.

  Junio, thank you for explaining the existence/omission and normalized
  strings tristate. I missed that in the docs and that's perfect.

- Adopt Junio's replacement preference hierarchy conditionals to respect
  opt-ins and not just opt-outs.

  Your suggested code worked out-of-box in all the scenarios I could
  think to test.  \o/

- Tweak the mergetool.hideResolved docs to call out the role of LOCAL
  and REMOTE.

- Reword commit messages and docs to better differentiate between config
  flags users set and code that merge tool maintainers write.

Seth House (3):
  mergetool: add hideResolved configuration
  mergetool: break setup_tool out into separate initialization function
  mergetool: add per-tool support and overrides for the hideResolved
    flag

 Documentation/config/mergetool.txt   | 14 ++++++++
 Documentation/git-mergetool--lib.txt |  4 +++
 git-difftool--helper.sh              |  6 ++++
 git-mergetool--lib.sh                | 11 ++++--
 git-mergetool.sh                     | 52 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7610-mergetool.sh                 | 18 ++++++++++
 6 files changed, 102 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2