Subject: [PATCH v2 00/11] test-lib: misc improvements

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 14:29:31 +0100

Fixed a missing SOB and dropped the 12th patch.

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (11):
  test-lib: remove check_var_migration
  test lib: change "error" to "BUG" as appropriate
  test-lib-functions: move test_set_index_version() to its user
  test-lib-functions: remove generate_zero_bytes() wrapper
  test libs: rename bundle helper to "lib-bundle.sh"
  test libs: rename gitweb-lib.sh to lib-gitweb.sh
  test-lib-functions: move function to lib-bitmap.sh
  t/.gitattributes: sort lines
  test libs: rename "diff-lib" to "lib-diff"
  test-lib-functions: remove bug-inducing "diagnostics" helper param
  test-lib-functions: assert correct parameter count

 t/.gitattributes                              |  4 +-
 t/README                                      |  8 +--
 t/lib-bitmap.sh                               | 26 ++++++++
 t/{test-bundle-functions.sh => lib-bundle.sh} |  0
 t/{diff-lib.sh => lib-diff.sh}                |  0
 t/{diff-lib => lib-diff}/COPYING              |  0
 t/{diff-lib => lib-diff}/README               |  0
 t/{gitweb-lib.sh => lib-gitweb.sh}            |  0
 t/t2104-update-index-skip-worktree.sh         |  5 ++
 t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh                 |  3 +-
 t/t4000-diff-format.sh                        |  2 +-
 t/t4001-diff-rename.sh                        |  2 +-
 t/t4003-diff-rename-1.sh                      |  6 +-
 t/t4004-diff-rename-symlink.sh                |  2 +-
 t/t4005-diff-rename-2.sh                      |  6 +-
 t/t4007-rename-3.sh                           |  6 +-
 t/t4008-diff-break-rewrite.sh                 |  6 +-
 t/t4009-diff-rename-4.sh                      |  6 +-
 t/t4010-diff-pathspec.sh                      |  2 +-
 t/t4011-diff-symlink.sh                       |  2 +-
 t/t4013-diff-various.sh                       |  2 +-
 t/t4015-diff-whitespace.sh                    |  2 +-
 t/t4027-diff-submodule.sh                     |  2 +-
 t/t4034-diff-words.sh                         |  2 +-
 t/t4038-diff-combined.sh                      |  2 +-
 t/t4061-diff-indent.sh                        |  2 +-
 t/t4206-log-follow-harder-copies.sh           |  2 +-
 t/t5310-pack-bitmaps.sh                       |  2 +
 t/t5318-commit-graph.sh                       |  2 +-
 t/t5510-fetch.sh                              |  2 +-
 t/t6020-bundle-misc.sh                        |  2 +-
 t/t6113-rev-list-bitmap-filters.sh            |  1 +
 t/t6426-merge-skip-unneeded-updates.sh        | 16 +++--
 t/t6500-gc.sh                                 |  4 +-
 t/t7501-commit-basic-functionality.sh         |  2 +-
 t/t9300-fast-import.sh                        |  2 +-
 t/t9500-gitweb-standalone-no-errors.sh        |  2 +-
 t/t9501-gitweb-standalone-http-status.sh      |  2 +-
 t/t9502-gitweb-standalone-parse-output.sh     |  2 +-
 t/test-lib-functions.sh                       | 62 +++++--------------
 t/test-lib.sh                                 | 30 ---------
 41 files changed, 107 insertions(+), 124 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 t/lib-bitmap.sh
 rename t/{test-bundle-functions.sh => lib-bundle.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{diff-lib.sh => lib-diff.sh} (100%)
 rename t/{diff-lib => lib-diff}/COPYING (100%)
 rename t/{diff-lib => lib-diff}/README (100%)
 rename t/{gitweb-lib.sh => lib-gitweb.sh} (100%)

Range-diff:
 1:  422ffbfd16a =  1:  5243499bf03 test-lib: remove check_var_migration
 2:  47b4bf0e49d =  2:  aa67ff1e6b9 test lib: change "error" to "BUG" as appropriate
 3:  e8cb488e124 =  3:  56cff1fb482 test-lib-functions: move test_set_index_version() to its user
 4:  d4ef2a8fd5b =  4:  8960a2578da test-lib-functions: remove generate_zero_bytes() wrapper
 5:  9a164f4d49b =  5:  8bb54931234 test libs: rename bundle helper to "lib-bundle.sh"
 6:  d91be650b42 =  6:  a72b1d02225 test libs: rename gitweb-lib.sh to lib-gitweb.sh
 7:  0ffc90200f8 =  7:  ab8769ca71f test-lib-functions: move function to lib-bitmap.sh
 8:  57a258c1414 =  8:  0dfe871261d t/.gitattributes: sort lines
 9:  843a8718658 !  9:  ffde3c43099 test libs: rename "diff-lib" to "lib-diff"
    @@ Commit message
         commits there is no remaining t/*lib* which doesn't follow the
         convention of being called t/lib-*.
     
    +    Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
    +
      ## t/.gitattributes ##
     @@
      t[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]/* -whitespace
10:  65b2a41a784 = 10:  ea732f64704 test-lib-functions: remove bug-inducing "diagnostics" helper param
11:  9424b533f02 = 11:  3932ed40712 test-lib-functions: assert correct parameter count
12:  c649939196d <  -:  ----------- test-lib-functions: split out {debug,path,text} helpers
-- 
2.30.0.284.gd98b1dd5eaa7