Subject: [PATCH 14/20] gitattributes doc: reword discussion of built-in userdiff patterns

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 01:52:30 +0100

Reword the discussion of the built-in userdiff patterns to make it
more natural to precede it with a discussion about the semantics of
pattern matching, instead of assuming that it follows right after the
"diff.tex.xfuncname" example which now immediately precedes it. This
will make a follow-up commit smaller.

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/gitattributes.txt | 16 +++++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 11 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/gitattributes.txt b/Documentation/gitattributes.txt
index e84e104f93..90992e2136 100644
--- a/Documentation/gitattributes.txt
+++ b/Documentation/gitattributes.txt
@@ -794,11 +794,17 @@ backslashes; the pattern above picks a line that begins with a
 backslash, and zero or more occurrences of `sub` followed by
 `section` followed by open brace, to the end of line.
 
-There are a few built-in patterns to make this easier, and `tex`
-is one of them, so you do not have to write the above in your
-configuration file (you still need to enable this with the
-attribute mechanism, via `.gitattributes`).  The following built in
-patterns are available:
+There are built-in patterns shipped as part of git itself. A more
+advanced version of the `tex` pattern discussed above is one of them.
+
+For built-in patterns you do not need the "diff.tex.xfuncname"
+discussed above in your configuration file, but if present it'll
+override the built-in pattern.
+
+You still need to enable built-in patterns with the the attribute
+mechanism, via `.gitattributes`).
+
+The following built in patterns are available:
 
 - `ada` suitable for source code in the Ada language.
 
-- 
2.30.0.284.gd98b1dd5eaa7