Subject: [PATCH 16/20] userdiff tests: remove "funcname" from custom3 test

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 01:52:32 +0100

We can only have one "funcname" or "xfuncname", any later definition
overrides the earlier one, so this configuration wasn't doing
anything.

When this test was originally added in 3632cfc248 (Use compatibility
regex library for OSX/Darwin, 2008-09-07) we had no such definition of
two patters for this test. Back then this was setting the
"diff.java.funcname" configuration variable.

The stage for that second pattern being set got set later. In
45d9414fa5 (diff.*.xfuncname which uses "extended" regex's for hunk
header selection, 2008-09-18) the pattern got converted from
"funcname" to "xfuncname".

Soon after in b19d288b4d (t4018-diff-funcname: demonstrate end of line
funcname matching flaw, 2008-10-15) another test immediately preceding
this one got added, using "diff.java.funcname" for its configuration.

Then f792a0b88e (t4018 (funcname patterns): make configuration easier
to track, 2011-05-21) came along and codified this whole thing when
converting the two tests from "git config" to "test_config".

Since this was never the intent of the test let's just remove this,
the rationale in f792a0b88e for having some test for the clobbering
behavior makes sense, but I'll do that in another follow-up test, not
as a hard to read side-effect of this one.

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t4018/custom.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/t4018/custom.sh b/t/t4018/custom.sh
index cccf468c3a..81a68aa332 100755
--- a/t/t4018/custom.sh
+++ b/t/t4018/custom.sh
@@ -51,7 +51,6 @@ public class Beer
 EOF_TEST
 
 test_expect_success 'custom: setup alternation in pattern' '
-	git config diff.custom.funcname "Beer$" &&
 	git config diff.custom.xfuncname "^[ 	]*((public|static).*)$"
 '
 
@@ -133,6 +132,7 @@ test_diff_funcname 'custom: config precedence' \
 line
 EOF_HUNK
 line
+
 !negation
 
 ChangeMe
-- 
2.30.0.284.gd98b1dd5eaa7