Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 03/17] commit-graph: use chunk-format write API

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 17:52:42 +0100

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 02:07:25PM +0000, Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget wrote:
> From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
> 
> The commit-graph write logic is ready to make use of the chunk-format
> write API. Each chunk write method is already in the correct prototype.
> We only need to use the 'struct chunkfile' pointer and the correct API
> calls.

This patch series messes up the "Writing out commit graph" progress
display, and starting at this commit I get:

  $ git commit-graph write --reachable
  Expanding reachable commits in commit graph: 837569, done.
  Writing out commit graph in 3 passes: 166% (4187845/2512707), done.

Note that 166%.

Before this commit I got:

  Expanding reachable commits in commit graph: 837569, done.
  Writing out commit graph in 5 passes: 100% (4187845/4187845), done.

Note the different number of passes.