Subject: [PATCH v2 4/4] Makefile/coccicheck: set SPATCH_BATCH_SIZE to 8

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 18:07:24 +0100

Change the "xargs -n X" limit for running spatch from 1 to 8, as
suggested by Jeff King[1]. Now that we're not using --all-includes
anymore this is going to take much less memory, so bumping the limit
should be OK.

1. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
---
 Makefile | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
index 9fa715e4037..9b4e350ed12 100644
--- a/Makefile
+++ b/Makefile
@@ -1201,7 +1201,7 @@ SPATCH_FLAGS = --no-includes --patch .
 # For the 'coccicheck' target; setting SPATCH_BATCH_SIZE higher will
 # usually result in less CPU usage at the cost of higher peak memory.
 # Setting it to 0 will feed all files in a single spatch invocation.
-SPATCH_BATCH_SIZE = 1
+SPATCH_BATCH_SIZE = 8
 
 # For the 'coccicheck' target; SPATCH_XARGS can be used to manually
 # tweak the xargs invocation. By default we invoke "xargs -n 1", and
-- 
2.31.0.rc0.126.g04f22c5b82