Subject: Re: GSoC'21@git project application

From: Shourya Shukla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 20:42:25 +0530

On 11/03 12:34, Krushnal Patel wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

> I am Krushnal, a 2-nd year Computer Engineering and GSoC'21 aspirant.
> I was going through the organizations and git caught my eye. I was
> really impressed by gt as it is due to its daily use but after seeing
> it listed in GSoC'21 I specifically want to focus on applying to git.

That is great!

> The project which I look forward to contributing is the git submodules
> conversion from bash to C.
> I would like to have a discussion on this project with either of the
> mentors Christian Couder or Shaurya Shukla regarding the next
> procedure for the selection process. C/C++ being my primary language

I hope you are not considering C++ to be a subset of C or vice-versa.
Both of them are veyr different languages with similar syntaxes ;)

> and being decently proficient at bash, this project is perfect for me.
> I am ready to work on any pre-requisites required for the selection
> process

Nice. As Christian said, the compulsory pre-requisite is the
Microproject. You may choose any project you like, having a look at last
year's entries for the microproject will definitely help. The search bar
on the top left is your best friend for accessing previous work(s) and
discussions.

Feel free to ask anything. Please do not hesitate, people are friendly
here :)

As soon as you are done with the Microproject, you may start discussing
about the project you have chosen as well as your potential proposal.

Regards,
Shourya Shukla