Subject: Re: [PATCH v5] gitweb: redacted e-mail addresses feature.

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 21:19:04 +0000

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Eric Wong <[email-masked]> writes:
> > As a data point, none of the homograph@ candidates I posted here
> > on Mar 29 have attracted any attempts on my mail server.
> 
> That is an interesting observation.  All homograph@ non-addresses,
> if a human corrected the funnies in their spelling, would have hit
> whoever handles @80x24.org mailboxes.
> 
> I take it to mean that as a future direction, replacing <redacted>
> with the obfuscated-but-readable-by-humans homographs is a likely
> improvement that would help human users while still inconveniencing
> the crawlers.  It may however need some provision to prevent casual
> end-users from cutting-and-pasting these homographs, as you said in
> your original mention of the homograph approach.

Yes, exactly.

> But other than that, does the patch look reasonable?

I only took a cursory glance at it, but v6 seemed fine.