Subject: [PATCH] MyFirstContribution: link #git-devel to Libera Chat

From: Atharva Raykar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 19:21:14 +0530

It's pretty safe to say that most of the regulars on #git-devel are now
on Libera Chat. This will help new contributors find the right place, if
they choose to ask questions on `#git-devel`.

Since there seems to be no way to directly link Libera's web chat to
`#git-devel` directly, I have put a generic link over the text 'Libera
Chat'. Users will have to manually type `#git-devel` in the webchat
interface, but that should be obvious enough to not be worth mentioning.

Signed-off-by: Atharva Raykar <[email-masked]>
---

My heuristic for determining "most of the regulars are on Libera Chat" is the
fact that the last biweekly standup happened there.

 Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt b/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
index af0a9da62e..cd9e2069d4 100644
--- a/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
+++ b/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
@@ -47,7 +47,7 @@ Veteran contributors who are especially interested in helping mentor newcomers
 are present on the list. In order to avoid search indexers, group membership is
 required to view messages; anyone can join and no approval is required.
 
-==== https://webchat.freenode.net/#git-devel[#git-devel] on Freenode
+==== #git-devel on https://web.libera.chat[Libera Chat]
 
 This IRC channel is for conversations between Git contributors. If someone is
 currently online and knows the answer to your question, you can receive help
@@ -826,9 +826,9 @@ NOTE: You can typically find someone who can `/allow` you on GitGitGadget by
 either examining recent pull requests where someone has been granted `/allow`
 (https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+%22%2Fallow%22[Search:
 is:pr is:open "/allow"]), in which case both the author and the person who
-granted the `/allow` can now `/allow` you, or by inquiring on the
-https://webchat.freenode.net/#git-devel[#git-devel] IRC channel on Freenode
-linking your pull request and asking for someone to `/allow` you.
+granted the `/allow` can now `/allow` you, or by inquiring on the #git-devel IRC
+channel on https://web.libera.chat[Libera Chat] linking your pull request and
+asking for someone to `/allow` you.
 
 If the CI fails, you can update your changes with `git rebase -i` and push your
 branch again:
-- 
2.31.1