Subject: [PATCH v3] MyFirstContribution: link #git-devel to Libera Chat

From: Atharva Raykar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 00:36:12 +0530

Many of the regulars on #git-devel are now on Libera Chat, to the extent
that the community page now lists it as the IRC Channel[1]. This will
help new contributors find the right place, if they choose to ask
questions on `#git-devel`.

Relevant discussion on the IRC transition:
https://lore.kernel.org/git/CAJoAoZ=[email-masked]/

[1] https://git-scm.com/community

Signed-off-by: Atharva Raykar <[email-masked]>
---

I'm sending it again as my v2 had one line crossed 80 lines in my edit,
which broke the local convention.

 Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt b/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
index af0a9da62e..015cf24631 100644
--- a/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
+++ b/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
@@ -47,7 +47,7 @@ Veteran contributors who are especially interested in helping mentor newcomers
 are present on the list. In order to avoid search indexers, group membership is
 required to view messages; anyone can join and no approval is required.
 
-==== https://webchat.freenode.net/#git-devel[#git-devel] on Freenode
+==== https://web.libera.chat/#git-devel[#git-devel] on Libera Chat
 
 This IRC channel is for conversations between Git contributors. If someone is
 currently online and knows the answer to your question, you can receive help
@@ -827,7 +827,7 @@ either examining recent pull requests where someone has been granted `/allow`
 (https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+%22%2Fallow%22[Search:
 is:pr is:open "/allow"]), in which case both the author and the person who
 granted the `/allow` can now `/allow` you, or by inquiring on the
-https://webchat.freenode.net/#git-devel[#git-devel] IRC channel on Freenode
+https://web.libera.chat/#git-devel[#git-devel] IRC channel on Libera Chat
 linking your pull request and asking for someone to `/allow` you.
 
 If the CI fails, you can update your changes with `git rebase -i` and push your
-- 
2.31.1