Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] Fixed t6020 bash compatible issue and fixed wrong sideband suffix issue

From: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:07:07 +0800

From: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>

In addition to fix the bash incompatible issue of t6020, find another
issue when try to rewrite t5411 to compare raw command output.

Function "demultiplex_sideband()" will try to split the sideband-2
message by line breaks, and append a suffix to each nonempty line
to clear the end of the screen line. But in the following example,
there will be no suffix (8 spaces) for "<message-3>":
    
        PKT-LINE(\2 <message-1> CR <message-2> CR <message-3>)
        PKT-LINE(\2 CR <message-4> CR <message-5> CR)
    
This is because the line break of "<message-3>" is placed in the
next pktline message.

With this fix, we could rewrite t5411 to test raw output of "git push"
which has a stable suffix for each remote sideband-2 message.

Jiang Xin (4):
  t6020: fix bash incompatible issue
  test: refactor create_commits_in() for t5411 and t5548
  sideband: append suffix for message whose CR in next pktline
  test: compare raw output, not mangle tabs and spaces

 sideband.c                                    |   4 +
 t/t5411/common-functions.sh                   |  54 +++--
 t/t5411/test-0000-standard-git-push.sh        |  82 +++----
 .../test-0001-standard-git-push--porcelain.sh |  90 ++++----
 ...st-0003-pre-receive-declined--porcelain.sh |   8 +-
 t/t5411/test-0011-no-hook-error.sh            |  40 ++--
 t/t5411/test-0012-no-hook-error--porcelain.sh |  42 ++--
 t/t5411/test-0013-bad-protocol.sh             |  62 +++---
 t/t5411/test-0014-bad-protocol--porcelain.sh  |  80 +++----
 t/t5411/test-0020-report-ng.sh                |  32 +--
 t/t5411/test-0021-report-ng--porcelain.sh     |  36 ++--
 t/t5411/test-0022-report-unexpect-ref.sh      |  26 +--
 ...est-0023-report-unexpect-ref--porcelain.sh |  28 +--
 t/t5411/test-0024-report-unknown-ref.sh       |  18 +-
 ...test-0025-report-unknown-ref--porcelain.sh |  20 +-
 t/t5411/test-0026-push-options.sh             |  58 ++---
 t/t5411/test-0027-push-options--porcelain.sh  |  62 +++---
 t/t5411/test-0030-report-ok.sh                |  20 +-
 t/t5411/test-0031-report-ok--porcelain.sh     |  22 +-
 t/t5411/test-0032-report-with-options.sh      | 186 ++++++++--------
 ...est-0033-report-with-options--porcelain.sh | 200 +++++++++---------
 t/t5411/test-0034-report-ft.sh                |  22 +-
 t/t5411/test-0035-report-ft--porcelain.sh     |  24 +--
 ...t-0036-report-multi-rewrite-for-one-ref.sh | 132 ++++++------
 ...rt-multi-rewrite-for-one-ref--porcelain.sh | 138 ++++++------
 t/t5411/test-0038-report-mixed-refs.sh        |  74 +++----
 .../test-0039-report-mixed-refs--porcelain.sh |  76 +++----
 t/t5411/test-0040-process-all-refs.sh         |  80 +++----
 .../test-0041-process-all-refs--porcelain.sh  |  82 +++----
 ...t-0050-proc-receive-refs-with-modifiers.sh |  90 ++++----
 t/t5548-push-porcelain.sh                     |  97 +++++----
 t/t6020-bundle-misc.sh                        |  93 ++++----
 32 files changed, 1047 insertions(+), 1031 deletions(-)

-- 
2.32.0.rc0.27.g7b1e85181b