Subject: [PATCH 4/7] commit-graph: fix bogus counter in "Scanning merged commits" progress line

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 22:03:00 +0200

The final value of the counter of the "Scanning merged commits"
progress line is always one less than its expected total, e.g.:

  Scanning merged commits:  83% (5/6), done.

This happens because while iterating over an array the loop variable
is passed to display_progress() as-is, but while C arrays (and thus
the loop variable) start at 0 and end at N-1, the progress counter
must end at N.  This causes the failures of the tests
'fetch.writeCommitGraph' and 'fetch.writeCommitGraph with submodules'
in 't5510-fetch.sh' when run with GIT_TEST_CHECK_PROGRESS=1.

Fix this by passing 'i + 1' to display_progress(), like most other
callsites do.

Signed-off-by: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
---
 commit-graph.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/commit-graph.c b/commit-graph.c
index 2bcb4e0f89..3181906368 100644
--- a/commit-graph.c
+++ b/commit-graph.c
@@ -2096,7 +2096,7 @@ static void sort_and_scan_merged_commits(struct write_commit_graph_context *ctx)
 
 	ctx->num_extra_edges = 0;
 	for (i = 0; i < ctx->commits.nr; i++) {
-		display_progress(ctx->progress, i);
+		display_progress(ctx->progress, i + 1);
 
 		if (i && oideq(&ctx->commits.list[i - 1]->object.oid,
 			  &ctx->commits.list[i]->object.oid)) {
-- 
2.32.0.289.g44fbea0957