Subject: [GSoC] [PATCH 0/3] submodule add: partial conversion to C

From: Atharva Raykar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 23:49:33 +0530

This is based on a previous series I sent[1] which got a bunch of reviews at the
time from Christian, Danh, Junio, Rafael and Eric.

This series only includes changes pertaining to the 'add-clone' subcommand, and
the patches have remained the same as before, except for the inclusion of a
custom die routine 'submodule_die()' that makes all the die()'s behave identical
to the shell version of 'die'. I am particularly interested in opinions about
this change.

A test has been added to ensure no regressions are introduced during the
conversion.

I am holding on to a full conversion of submodule add[2], and sending only a
portion of it, so that the parts that already have been seen before on the list
and refined can be merged. I then plan to send the rest of the patches that
build on top of this series.

You can fetch this series from: https://github.com/tfidfwastaken/git.git

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[2]: https://github.com/tfidfwastaken/git/commits/submodule-helper-add-6

Atharva Raykar (3):
  t7400: test failure to add submodule in tracked path
  submodule--helper: refactor module_clone()
  submodule--helper: introduce add-clone subcommand

 builtin/submodule--helper.c | 428 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 git-submodule.sh            |  38 +---
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh  |  11 +
 3 files changed, 327 insertions(+), 150 deletions(-)

-- 
2.32.0