Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Improve automatic setup of tracking for new branches

From: Ben Boeckel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 09:50:40 -0400

Hi,

I recently discovered some of the nicer behaviors of the `--track`
option for local branches (courtesy of `vim-fugitive`'s status
rendering). However, after a few weeks of slowly working `-t
origin/master` into my workflow, I figured that Git could help me out
here.

This patch adds three new configuration variables to initialize the
`branch.<name>.*` settings for tracking remote branches.

I suspect there are more tests that should be added.

Thanks,

--Ben

Ben Boeckel (1):
  config: support setting up a remote tracking branch upon creation

 Documentation/config/branch.txt | 15 +++++++++
 branch.c                        | 28 ++++++++++------
 branch.h                        |  3 ++
 config.c                        | 15 +++++++++
 environment.c                   |  3 ++
 t/t3200-branch.sh               | 57 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 111 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

base-commit: eb27b338a3e71c7c4079fbac8aeae3f8fbb5c687
-- 
2.31.1