Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] support pedantic in developer mode

From: Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 10:02:29 -0700

This series enables pedantic mode for building when DEVELOPER=1 is
used and as an alternative to only enabling it in one CI job, that
was merged to "seen" as part of cb/ci-build-pedantic.

The second patch is really an independent prerequisite to ensure
that it doesn't break the build for Windows and is the minimal change
possible.

Additional changes needed for the git-for-windows/git fork main to be
posted independently.

It merges and builds successfully all the way to "seen" IF the known
problem reported earlier[1] and expected as part of a reroll of 
jh/builtin-fsmonitor is merged first.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón (2):
  win32: allow building with pedantic mode enabled
  developer: enable pedantic by default

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (1):
  gettext: remove optional non-standard parens in N_() definition

 Makefile                     | 22 ++--------------------
 compat/nedmalloc/nedmalloc.c |  2 +-
 compat/win32/lazyload.h      |  2 +-
 config.mak.dev               | 19 +++++++++++--------
 gettext.h                    | 24 ------------------------
 git-compat-util.h            |  4 ----
 6 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 58 deletions(-)

--
v3
- replace the first patch with an even better worded one from Ævar
- include minor changes needed for Windows
- version check new flags to avoid risk of breaking old compilers
- drop alternative
v2
- enable pedantic globally instead of single job as suggested by Phillip
- propose an alternative solution for USE_PARENS_AROUND_GETTEXT_N
v1
- create job to check for pedantic compilation (only in Linux, using
  Fedora)

2.33.0.481.g26d3bed244